Tuesday, September 03, 2002

When the Nightmare's first got together, I was dating Kurt---sort of. We were at Ditty's house on Highland Ave., listening to Fables of the Reconstruction one day. I was probably preaching some sermon about how U2 was going to save the world, when the phone rang. It was some McDonald's representative asking Kurt if his band would play for the grand opening of the campus McD's. He said sure, hung up, and said, I just told them my band would play for this thing, and I don't have a band....well, there's this guy, Brian, who maybe could sing....I went to that first show. I remember watching a couple of little kids, toddlers, dance religiously on top of these milk crates. And I thought, do other towns celebrate with such zest the coming of a new McDonalds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home