Saturday, January 18, 2003

I certainly didn't mean to crack the whip on the Plez. Keep that piehole wide open. Blog loves piehole.

When I came to JC all there was to do, was play pinball at Quarterbacks, and drink "free beer" at the Italian Pizza Pub (whose main attraction was a wide screen TV with a poster of a kitten taped to it).

Then Open Hoot started getting bands. We didn't care if they were good or not -- they were BANDS! Within a year, many of those bands became pretty good, and a market developed for music. The scene.

I guess when I heard "the scene is dead," from one of my all-time favorite songwriters, I heard surrender. I hate surrender almost as much as I hate Cameron (John *used* to be my favorite Beatle) Crowe. It's irrational. Like my obsession with those chicken rotisseries in Krogers. I imagine that the baked chickens are chatting, riding on their hot little ferris wheel. I'm completely amused just thinking about it. Totally irrational.

Think I'll just sit here and think about those chickens for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home