Friday, January 31, 2003

Whew. Frank's letter was amazing. One of the worst things for me about growing up in a strict, religiously fundamentalist home (and i could go on and on here) was those weird comics, which I think is what you're talking about Chris (and I didn't know you went to Tri-Cities Christian) where people become demon possessed and all kinds of invasive "witnessing" goes on. The art is really terrifying and incredibly well done---disturbing. I would spend nights unable to sleep, worried demons would inhabit me when I was a kid. It was so incredibly unhealthy, and not only unChristian (those comics) but Satanic and inhumane. So much fear mongering from the religious right. Some people just don't get a metaphor, and, as a result, become inhabited by the very evil they preach against..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home