Monday, May 26, 2003

I haven't heard about Vincent Gallo's "Brown Bunny" or any controversy. Hugely ironic that Europeans, especially the French, would be opposed to fellatio on film. I'll have to check it out. And Meg Ryan was on the jury of judges at Cannes? Also ironic.

I saw the "I'm really gonna lose my shit" look on Winona Ryder's face when Angelina Jolie got the Oscar for "Girl Interrupted". She hasn't been the same since. And I didn't even think Angelina deserved that award---have never liked her acting, or personality, that much.

The last movie I saw was "The Shipping News" with Kevin Spacey and Judi Dench. It was really great, though of course not as good as the book by E. Annie Proulx, which I encourage everyone to read. Mentioning Judi Dench reminds me that I saw an interview with Madonna when she was performing in some play at the London Theater (I think it was on Bravo), and she said the sign on her dressing room door said "Judi Fucking Dench", which I thought was hilarious.

Will have to check out those movies you mentioned, Tony, but "Harold and Maude" is one of my all-time favorites. Totally life-affirming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home