Sunday, May 15, 2005

Nightmares mentioned in JC Press -- what year is it?

(i got an email this morning that the Nightmares were mentioned in the Press. my first thought was WHY? so i poke around expecting to find some little passing mention and here's this sweet column by Jan Hearne --- awwwww. follow this link for the rest of the article. she's responding to downloading the Nightmares songs from the website www.brianandthenightmares.com -- go and download for yourself if you haven't already -- brook)


"Out of My Head" - Brian and the Nightmares CD brings it back vividly

By Jan Hearne, Press Tempo Editor

It was an open hoot night at Down Home in 1985. My then-husband and I were finishing dinner, trying to decide if we were going to stay for the music. I was wavering, until four young men walked in and began setting up their equipment. Electric equipment.

"I'm not staying for some punk band," I moaned, and left. I am an idiot.

Because of my rush to judgment, I missed Brian and the Nightmares first gig at Down Home.

3 Comments:

Blogger tony not Tony said...

so let me understand, a woman is sitting in a bar called DOWN HOME, and Brian walks in wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, and probably said "HOWDY" about 5 times, it's 1985 and punk has been dead for about 5 years, and this woman thinks she's gonna have to listen to punk rock?

well howdy now. give her a newspaper job somebody...

Sunday, May 15, 2005 8:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever met Jan? Sweet person. An asset to the area. And trust me, no one in their right mind should want a newspaper job. "Giving" someone a newspaper job would be like "giving" someone a sulfuric-acid enema. Gee, thanks, pal!

Really, it's pretty easy here in, ahem, cyberspace, not to look before you leap. Try it sometime. It's fun!

Monday, May 23, 2005 2:54:00 AM  
Blogger Brook said...

the older i get, the less willing i am to sit thru writers' nights with young bands. they're all punks to me.

and if i were me now -- then -- i wouldn't have stayed around to see 'em either.

john says he wouldn't either.

Monday, May 23, 2005 7:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home