Saturday, June 04, 2005

Bush asks star singer Charlotte Church: "What state is Wales in?"

Jun 4 2005
Charlotte Church called Pavarotti 'a pig' and George Bush 'a proper weirdo' when she visited Scotland yesterday.

Charlotte was appearing on Clyde 1's Bowie At Breakfast to publicise her new single, Crazy Chick, when she pulled no punches about what she really thought of the famous men. She took a swipe at opera legend Pav for being 'nasty' to her when she was 15, and the US President for his terrible geography.

'I did a massive classical thing in Hyde Park once with 75,000 people,' said Charlotte. 'I was with Pavarotti. He was horrible,really nasty. He was a pig and I was supposed to do a duet with him.'Charlotte explained that Pavarotti was rude to her about the way she wanted to sing a song. 'I'd learned the soprano part, which was the higher girl's part rather than the mezzo,' she said. 'He was like, 'You have to sing the mezzo'. I said, 'I am a soprano. How am I supposed to sing the mezzo?', and he said: 'You don't sing with me then'. 'He sent me out of his dressing room. I was only 15 - devastated. Pavarotti is a big fat diva.'

Charlotte then had a go at George Bush when she revealed he'd made a massive blunder after she sang for the US Presidents. 'Bill Clinton was really cool, but George Bush? ? No way,' she said. 'Clinton was lovely, in tune with everyone else, but George Bush just hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

He asked me what state Wales was in. 'I said: 'It's its own country next to England, actually Mr Bush'. 'If he doesn't know the rest of the countries in Europe, he could at least know what's in his own country. I'm really worried about it. He's a right weirdo. Him and Pavarotti should get together.'"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nicky said...

I absolutely adore every element of this story.
Big fat diva, indeed.
However...thinking about The Diva and W. getting together...well, it makes my brain melt.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Brook said...

isn't it amazing!

how many young women haven't had days like this... where every man you bump into seems to be missing a few chromosomes.

Sunday, June 05, 2005 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home