Friday, June 17, 2005

why i'm PRO LIFE and you should be too (omg brook has lost her mind)

(from dissent1977 on DU. this piece resonates with a lot of discussion here at Camp Hinesmith. hope to post something real soon. lots of catching up to do. in the meantime, this made me smile -- brook)



I am pro-life because I believe that it is wrong to drop bombs on innocent people in Iraq and elsewhere.

I am pro-life because I oppose the death penalty.I am pro-life because I want a clean environment, because it is the Earth that supports all life.

I am pro-life because I believe that corporations should be held accountable when they harm people.

I am pro-life because I oppose shipping jobs overseas to countries which actually FORCE their female employees to have abortions if they become pregnant.

I am pro-life because I support universal health coverage.

I am pro-life because I believe that we should provide food to those who are hungry, and shelter for those who need homes.

I am pro-life because I support a living wage, which will allow people to provide for their families.

I am pro-life because I support the use and wide distribution of contraceptives, which serve the dual purpose of keeping the population in line and preventing unwanted pregnancies.

And I am pro-life because I support a woman's right to choose, yet want to work to find real solutions to eliminate the need for abortions. I realize that outlawing abortion will not end abortions, it will only push them into back alleys.

I am pro-life because I can see the pain that abortions bring, yet work to deal with them in a way that does not infringe a woman's right to choose.

It is time that we took the words 'pro-life' back. After all wouldn't you all love to hear Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, Coulter, and all the rest of those hypocrites screaming when we start calling ourselves pro-life?"

5 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

Yeah, can "Dissent1977" get an "amen" please? Time somebody put the "free" back in "free speach," and the usurpers thereof out of business-- and I mean literally. If those fuckheads just couldn't sell any more books, they'd all dry up and blow away like the intellectual nothingweights they are.

Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Marian D. said...

Hi Brook, thanks for your post and hope you'll read my entry. I see and feel the pain of millions of women dogged continually over centuries of US history when we now continue to choose to have, raise and love our children (whom many of our fellow Americans neither want nor love) - because we're "baby mamas." Looks like we just cain't win for losin'. Is that a stacked deck or what?! (smile) Thanks. Marian

Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am of the opinion this is a "rigged " blog. The grammar is nearly perfect, the ocassional "fuckhead" seems suspect. How does one blogger spell speech "speach" and then use the term "nothingweights"?
I smell a skunk.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOps I did not read the comment correctly re:speach

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:13:00 PM  
Blogger Brook said...

why is it elizabeth always gets picked on for not existing?

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home