Thursday, August 04, 2005

Just wanted to let everyone know, especially Brook & Elizabeth- whom I've read is really Brook...ha ha ;) - that I've really enjoyed getting to talk w/old friends and make new ones thru the blog. Bill, it has especially been nice getting to know you again! As of this writing, I am getting prepared for a surgical procedure tomorrow that will ultimately save my life. I have settled into a nice comfortable life style, which it seems I became too comfortable, and have gained some weight, developed diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure, reflux and a whole host of other maladies! So, it is w/great pleasure, anxiety, nervousness and a whole shitload of emotions, that I go under the knife tomorrow to have gastric bypass surgery. To be specific, a lab band procedure. I just wanted to share my feelings and trepidations w/everyone, even most don't know me. I guess that's the good thing about a blog is that you can really let loose, to a point! Also, I have informed my dad about this blog and he is very interested in joining. I've sent him some info and I've also sent Brook his email address. I think he will really love it...he seemed excited about it when I told him. Anyway, I will return to the blog soon.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Bill said...

I think I can speak for everyone when I say you are in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon!

Friday, August 05, 2005 7:08:00 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, August 05, 2005 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

I almost had an outbreak, but then I got control and censored myself.

--Brook

Friday, August 05, 2005 8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Nicky said...

Best of luck on your surgery, Hon...

Friday, August 05, 2005 4:53:00 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Yes, indeed, I know many people who have benefitted greatly from from that procedure. May all go well for you. Take it as a good omen that my little cat Krishna, who is 110 in people years, successfully underwent her fifth cancer surgery today without a hitch...now if I could just say the same for my wallet...

Friday, August 05, 2005 7:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Bill said...

I am so very curious as to what you deleted Elizabrook..... do tell!

Friday, August 05, 2005 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Better ask Brook, hadn't you, since you think we're one and the same...

Saturday, August 06, 2005 9:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home