Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I need your prayers & thoughts

Some of you may know and some may not, but I have a son who would have been 21 in October. Early Sunday morning he was killed in an auto accident. I'm totally devastated and have never experienced grief like this before. It's so unreal. The funeral is on Friday in New York. And on top of that, my cat has a tumor on his face and has to have surgery. It seems minute compared to my loss, but my cat is like my second son! Things are not going well now but I know they will be looking up soon! I just needed to vent a bit. Thanks for listening and please think good thoughts for me and my family as we deal with this surreal grief.

5 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

Wow...very, very sorry to hear that. Many kind thoughts for you and your family. And I hope your cat does ok.

L

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger Brook said...

i am so deeply sorry for your loss. prayers, sweetness. i am so sorry.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger tony not Tony said...

don't know what it means or if it helps: but 15 yrs ago, when my father died, his mother(my grandmother) didnt think it was fair on the cosmic level(parents don't outlive their children). but she's come to terms somehow and has been a blessing to many folks: multi-generations of college bound hillbillies actually... as she rolls along in her 90's. the only thing she won't do is drive...

and yes, she thinks our president is not a real christian ("read exodus chpt 22, read the sermon on the mount", she says) if the bible is about anything, it's about loss i guess.

i have a funeral to attend, of a friend this weekend, will be thinking of y'uns as well.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger monkeyfist777 said...

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Danny

Friday, August 18, 2006 12:51:00 AM  
Blogger spookygrrrl said...

Thanks ya'll! I appreciate the kind words!

Friday, August 25, 2006 4:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home