Friday, April 01, 2005

Next Summer's Family Reunion in JC

Some of our kin are hosting a reunion in July in Johnson City. I hope to be there. I hope Anthony can make it in from Amsterdam. Cousin Mary Belle turns 89 in June; she says she might not care to travel from Maryland even though I told her I'd drive her and the trip is only about 6 hours. Break it into 3-4 hrs + the second leg 1-2 hrs. I was just thinking about all our historical family connections - Maryville, Knoxville, Asheville, up and down the valleys & hollers - walking through the mountains, Greeneville, Chuckey and elsewhere. I wonder how folks down home in east Tennessee will feel about this homecoming of these Black local natives and descendants of Black local natives. I don't totally believe Tennessee knows us anymore and not sure how much she cares. July will come up fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home