Sunday, January 05, 2003

While I’m thinking about good bands and stuff, I wonder if anyone has heard what the guys from Uncle Green are up to. An Uncle Green reunion show would be pretty cool. I’d travel a fair distance to see them play again. Now, they were a great rock band. I saw them for the first time at the Highlander, and they blew the place away. They had an incredible show at the Casbah/Pub Outback too. I have their CDs but lost my copy of 15 Dryden, which was only on tape (I’d love to have that back).

Does anyone know if they’re doing anything musically, together or individually? Maybe someone can help me out here, but I seem to recall they were childhood buddies, and all got their instruments around the same time. They put out four recordings on independent labels before landing a deal with Atlantic and making Book of Bad Thoughts. They weren’t happy with their treatment (?) and quit the company and dropped the name Uncle Green. They made another cd together in 1995, Vulture, this time from Sony under the name 3 lb. Thrill. Vulture was a great recording; I’d love to hear a follow up to it, but I have never heard of anything else from them. There is a pretty good write up about them, along with a record bibliography at http://www.trouserpress.com/entry_90s.php?a=uncle_green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home