Sunday, May 08, 2005

Western NC Heritage and Tri-Racial Mountain Research

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM, Suriya, me and all mothers! There's got to be more to western North Carolina (AND EAST TN) history, culture and community than East Waynesville Baptist and that guy Eric Rudolph, who went back and hid out in the mountains (with plenty of help) after allegedly bombing the '96 summer Olympics - and killing one lady - in Atlanta. So I figured I'd share the link for this Western North Carolina Heritage website. Myself, in addition to working on the family genealogy, so far I've published one article on my tri-racial Black American, mountain RICE-GUDGER family history. It's in Volume Two of the Madison County (NC) Heritage Book. They've got a beautiful new library in Madison County. It opened two years ago. Time sure flies. I remember back when they were emailing photos of the groundbreaking and regular library construction progress reports. I'm real proud of those folks. And I'm also looking for more community and family regional history research partners - in case anyone reading this is interested! MD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home