Friday, March 07, 2003

Citing a lack of concern from liberals (presumably the ACLU) regarding RICO and transferring that to everyone on the blog is a stretch. I think it is a mistake to assume everyone's opinions are that easily known. I agree the RICO statute applying to abortion protests set a bad precedent. However, Bill is right to note that legal remedies were sought as a response to violence and threats of violence by abortion protestors. Bill is also correct that access to clinics cannot be blocked, and it has nothing to do with RICO, it's the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act.

By the way, just noticed the Shazam is on Charter's Homedmade Jam tonight; that means it should rerun Sunday at 2:00 p.m. (I think). I saw them recently at Gatsbys. They were great, but it was a strange crowd there at Gatsbys. I'm starting to feel my age now; I kept wondering who all those half-naked youngsters were. Women wear more make up than days of yesteryear, and hair companies have somehow successfully marketed hair products to guys. Who would've thought that? Anyway, the Shazam rocked!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home